Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Blood and Bubbles Contest - the rest of the questions
QUESTION NUMBER TWO
Deep Blue Sea
On a remote top-secret floating research station, a team of scientists, divers and millionaires (Samuel Jackson, Saffron Burrows, Thomas Jane and LL Cool J) are searching for a cure for Alzheimer's disease using sharks and upsized DNA. New Line Cinema marketed the sharks in Deep Blue Sea (1999) as being “Bigger. Smarter. Faster. Meaner”. Maybe so, but three genetically modified Mako Sharks are effectively dispatched by scientists stuck in a sinking underwater laboratory as bad weather approaches. Do you know how the third Mako – the biggest and meanest of them all – becomes cinematic sushi?
1. Saffron Burrows (Dr. Susan McCallister) harpoons Mako-Jaws with a poison dart
2. Mad scientist Stellan Skarsgård (Jim Whitlock) pulls the pin on a grenade just as Mako-Jaws swallows him
3. LL Cool J (Sherman 'Preacher' Dudley) while being swallowed by the Mako, stabs it in the eyes with a crucifix.
4. LL Cool J is the human bait to get the shark to swim near a high voltage power line (cooked sushi)
5. The giant Mako gets away – sequel warning!